Yellow Belt Course Overview
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course provides an introduction to Lean, Six Sigma and problem solving, which is required by all staff to support improvement in any business. Through the introduction of Lean and Six Sigma principles, the course will highlight how to utilise Lean Six Sigma in any industry or function. Delegates will also learn the fundamental problem-solving tools needed to improve processes and make a difference in the workplace.
This online eLearning course will provide theory and how to apply these tools and approaches through highly engaging eLearning from experts in Lean Six Sigma. Following completion and certification, delegates will be able to apply the learning immediately thus providing an instant return on investment.
What's Covered in the Yellow Belt Course?
The course content covers all the topics required to train and certify as a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt. Key topics include – Lean, Six Sigma, problem solving and project management. The course should be taken by those wishing to understand Lean Six Sigma and to solve simple problems effectively.
Understand the core principles of Lean Six Sigma and how to use DMAIC to solve problems. Understand the benefits of the approach and how to obtain them. Topics include:
- Introduction to lean – key principles, history, how to apply
- Understanding non-value-added steps – 8 wastes
- Understanding standardisation and how to apply it
- Introduction to Six Sigma – key principles, history
- Understand variation and how to eliminate it
- Lean and Six Sigma working together
- Benefits of Lean Six Sigma and how to obtain them
- The DMAIC process and how to use it for success
Learn the key tools to define a problem for success.
- Overview of Define
- Completing a Project charter
- Tools required to define a problem
- Problem statements
- In and out of scope
- SMART goals
- SIPOC process mapping
- Understand the customers
Develop your understanding of numbers from basic level upwards. Understand statistics so you will be able to speak with data when solving problems. Topics include:
- Overview of Measure Phase
- Introduction to Statistics and key terms
- What is data and tools to represent and visualise it
- Time series plots
- Scatter plots
- Pie charts
- Pareto charts
- How to understand a process and what happens in it
- Introduction to process maps
- Swimlane diagrams
- What is data and how to collect it robustly
- How to implement quick wins
Learn the essential skills needed to identify and prove a root cause of a problem. Topics include:
- Overview of the Analyse Phase
- How to identify potential root causes
- Brain writing and affinity diagrams
- Cause and effect diagrams
- 5 Whys
- Pareto analysis
- How to understand graphical analysis
Learn how to implement a solution successfully. Topics include:
- Overview of the Improve phase
- How to generate solutions
- Key lean tools to solve problems
- Visual Management
- Mistake Proofing
- How to validate your solution
Understand how to complete a project. Topics include:
- Overview of the control phase
- SOP’s and how to set them up
- How to train others and test knowledge
What are the Benefits of the Online Yellow Belt Training?
The key benefits of Yellow Belt certification are: you will be capable of solving simple problems using the Lean Six Sigma approach, you will understand the fundamentals of Lean and Six Sigma and be able to explain them to others. You will also be able to support Green and Black Belts to solve more complex problems.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt qualifications will stand out on any resume. They will demonstrate your aptitude for learning and that you have the ability to solve problems permanently. It is also a gateway to further learning around Lean Six Sigma and will wet your appetite to learn more.
YOU SET THE PACE
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
Certification and Accreditation
Learning Lean’s certification process is robust and is recognised all over the world. Through passing our online certification process you will be certified as a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, opening up new doors and avenues to you. The certification process is designed to enable you to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in applying that knowledge. Our test has been designed to be the most robust in the market which is why our certification is accepted worldwide.
Our online Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt course is accredited by CSSC (Council for Six Sigma Certification), who are the largest certification body in the world.
Who is the Yellow Belt Course for?
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training is perfect for anyone who has not had exposure to Lean Six Sigma or problem solving before. It provides the fundamentals required to enable people to solve problems on their own in their own business area.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow belts can come from any function, level or industry. Return on investment is quick and easy to obtain following completion of the course.
About the FREE Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam
All Learning Lean training courses include FREE certification exams. These exams ensure that your accreditation qualification is a true test of your knowledge and can stand scrutiny. To ensure you pass we provide the following as part of our course fees: